CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH
- ½ cup wholegrain flour (such as buckwheat, oat)
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Coconut Nectar
- ¼ cup Cacao Powder
RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp Coconut Nectar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Powder
- Melted Loving Earth Dark Chocolate, to serve.
- STEP 1: To make the jam, place berries, water, vanilla and coconut nectar in saucepan over low to med heat and mash with fork or potato
masher as the berries start to thaw.
- STEP 2: Once completely heated and fairly smooth, stir through the chia seeds and leave to cool at least half an hour before serving – the mixture with thicken up and the seeds soften as it cools.
- STEP 3: While the jam is setting, make the cookie dough. Preheat the oven to 180 (170 fan forced).
- STEP 4: Combine the flours and raw cacao and mix until well combine. Mix in the melted coconut oil and coconut nectar and mix well.
- STEP 5: Use a teaspoon to scoop out small amounts of dough and roll into a ball. Press down with your thumb to create an indent in each one.
- STEP 6: Place on a lined baking tray. Spoon a teaspoon of chia jam into the indentation in each cookie.
- STEP 7: Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on tray 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a cooling rack.
- STEP 8: Once completely cool, drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
This recipe was provided by the wonderful folk at Loving Earth, by Sally O’Neil, The Fit Foodie…