‘Tis the season and we LOVE these sugar-free, Santa hat cookies. They’ve gone down a real treat in the febfast office and we can’t wait for you to try them to. If you do give them a go, share a picture of your cookies with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter – we’d love to see how you get on!
• 1 – Banana
• 1/3 cup – Cacao powder
• 1 tbsp – Coconut oil
• 1 cup – Almond meal
• 1/2 cup – Coconut flour
• 1/3 cup – Desiccated coconut
• 1/3 cup – Chia seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Bicarbonate soda
• 1/2 tsp – Salt
• Seeds of one vanilla bean (or two, if you’re feeling cheeky)
• 100g fresh ricotta cheese
• ½ cup desiccated coconut
• 1 punnet fresh strawberries
1. Combine all cookie ingredients in a food processor.
2. Blend/process until mixture starts to clump together in balls.
3. Spoon golf-ball sized portions onto oven tray lined with baking paper. Flatten into cookie shapes.
4. Bake in oven on 180C for 7 minutes
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool
AND SANTA HATS…
6. Mix ricotta cheese and desiccated coconut together.
7. Spoon onto middle of cookies, leaving 1cm border around the rim
8. Cut stalks off strawberries and place a small dollop of ricotta mix onto the tip of the strawberry
9. Place strawberry Santa hats onto cookies
This recipe has been adapted from That Sugar Film