One of the tastiest mocktails goin’ round. Give it a go!
Caipirinha (pronounced /kaypirinya/) is a Brazilian cocktail made with a sweet rum type liquor called cachaça (pronounced /kashassa/), lime and sugar. It’s a firm favourite in Brazil. You might have also heard of the caprioska, which is similar to a caipirinha but made with vodka. Well this drink has neither, but it’s still absolutely delicious.
- ½ lime – sliced into segments
- 3 spoons raw sugar
- 15ml sugar syrup (make your own with equal parts caster sugar and hot water)
- 50ml lemon juice
- 50ml espresso coffee – chilled
- Muddle the lime and sugar together in a highball glass.
- Add ice then the sugar syrup and lemon juice.
- Pour the coffee over the top to give the layered effect.
- Garnish with a lime slice and a straw.
Thanks to www.mrandmrsromance.com for the original recipe.