From Dairy Australia
- 1 cup All Bran® cereal
- 1 cup reduced fat yoghurt
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 25g reduced fat dairy blend
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pear, grated
- 12 dried apricots, extra
- 1 tablespoon apple juice, extra
- Combine cereal, yogurt, dried fruit and apple juice in a bowl and stand for 15 minutes.
- Rub dairy blend into combined flour and spices. Add eggs, grated pear and cereal mixture, stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into 12 lined, ½ cup capacity muffin pans and bake at 200°C for 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
- Top each muffin with a dried apricot, brush with extra apple juice and serve warm with a glass of reduced fat milk.
Muffins have a ‘pudding like’ texture when removed from the oven. These muffins are best made and eaten on the same day, but can also be reheated in the microwave and served warm. Add a little extra spice to the mixture and serve these muffins with a skim milk coffee!
Recipe and image courtesy of The Dairy Kitchen at Dairy Australia.