Makes 10 serves, prep time 40 mins, cook time 50 mins.
- 400g chicken mince
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper or 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped sage
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 egg (to glaze)
- Black sesame seeds (to top)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix all of the sausage ingredients together in a bowl until well incorporated.
- On a lined baking tray, shape the sausage mix into a long sausage (about 30-40cm long and 5cm thick).
- Cook the sausage in the oven for approx. 30 mins or until the sausage has cooked through.
- Set aside to cool for 15 mins. Slice the cooled sausage into 10 even-sized segments.
- While the sausage is cooling, slice the zucchini into long strips using a mandolin or vegetable peeler.
- Wrap each sausage segment in 2-3 slices of zucchini, using a toothpick to hold it together if need be.
- Place all of the sausage rolls onto a lined baking tray.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg. Use a pastry brush to glaze the zucchini.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of nutritional yeast and black sesame seeds over the top.
- Bake in the oven for a further 10-15 mins, until slightly browned and warm.
- Serve hot out of the oven.
Recipe supplied by our wonderful friends at Lorna Jane.