Makes: 12 serves
1 tbs coconut oil
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbs cacao
Mint + white Layer
100g cashews (soaked overnight)
300g desiccated coconut
½ cup water
2tbs coconut oil
½ bunch mint
¼ cup kale or spinach juice (this gives the slice its nice green colour)
1 tbs agar agar
1tbs coconut oil – melted
Line cake tin with baking paper
Blend all ingredients for base in food processor until desired texture is reached. Or until you can press mixture together, and it stays.
Press into base of cake tin ensuring layer is even and flat and place in freezer.
Mint + white layer
- Add all mint layer ingredients (except mint, water and agar agar) and blend in processor until smooth. Add small amounts of water at a time if the mixture is still too dry.
- Take out half and set aside in a bowl.
- In the food processor, add the mint (and water if still dry) until smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat water and agar until dissolved.
- Slowly pour half the agar into with the food processor running. Set mixture aside.
- Roughly clean out your food processor and add the other half of the white ingredients you set aside earlier and process the remaining agar agar.
- Spread the white layer onto the base first, allow to set slightly in the freezer for 2 minutes, then add the green layer.
- Place in freezer for roughly 2 hours or until set. Cut into portion sizes.
Mix cacao and coconut oil together until a smooth and shiny consistency is reached. Drizzle over the slice portions, then place in freezer to set.
This super delicious recipe was brought to you by the fantastic folk at Lorna Jane.