Enjoy febfast alcohol and sugar at the same time – these mocktails contain neither!
(makes 8 glasses)
- Lime wedge (optional)
- Coarse salt
- 1/6 – ounce can frozen lime juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 2/3 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 25 -30 small ice cubes (about 4 cups)
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Lemon or lime slices (optional)
- If desired, rub rims of margarita glasses with lime wedge; dip rims into a shallow dish of coarse salt or sugar and shake off excess. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine limeade concentrate, orange juice, and grapefruit juice. Cover and blend until smooth.
- With the blender running, gradually add ice cubes through the hole in the lid, blending until slushy.
- If desired, tint with a few drops of green food coloring. Pour into margarita glasses.
- If desired, garnish with citrus slices.
Invite your friends over and enjoy FebFast in style!
This article has been reposted from Diabetic Living Online.